Chapter One-Hundred-and-Thirty-Five: Graduation (Final Chapter)

4 years.
148 undergraduate hours. 
135 chapters.
When I first started my blog way back on May 4, 2014, I made a promise to myself to stick with it. It started out as the "Misadventures of Life" because that's what my blog was full of; the "misadventures" of being an 18-year-old so ready to explore the depths of young, independent adulthood. There was a desire to share with friends who were on the brink to experience post-high-school life what it was truly like. That's why the first few years of my blog were focused on what to pack for college, how the first week of school was like for me, and even changing majors

My First Dorm!

My First Roommates!

As the years came and went, and the chapters were added on, this space became a personal, yet public, place for me to share the moments in college that I treasured and acknowledged as growth. Finding the beauty in the littlest things or taking chances or even delving into a different country!

Beauty in a Yucca seed pod

Tattoos!
Te amo España

My misadventures became adventures, struggles turned to lessons learned, and Lubbock grew to be my home. It's crazy to think that all of this led up to May 19, 2018.
My parents had come into town a few days earlier to attend some additional, personal ceremonies to celebrate the commencement. Mom and Dad hadn't been in town since my sophomore year of college, so it was exciting to have them on my turf. Here comes a bunch of bragging on myself, so watch out. 

Honors Medallion Ceremony; for successfully completing 24 additional hours within the Honors College and maintaining an appropriate GPA.

Teacher Induction Ceremony; for completing the Tech Teach program which includes intense coursework and two years in the classroom.

Graduation; with Summa Cum Laude and Honors from the Honors College.

And friends, I think that the cords that I wore that weekend for graduation really do reflect the biggest memories and lessons I will take from my experience in college. 

Red Cords - Summa Cum Laude, because I valued academic success very much (and I wasn't perfect either!! I got a B in Statistics because I skipped class too much). Even so, I value gaining knowledge and process involved in it.


Honors Medallion - While I was a part of the Honors College, I also spent the last two years of school there as my place of work. I made many friends and connections with the faculty and staff. The Honors College gave me amazing classes and experiences, including my study abroad trip to Spain. 


Red, Blue, and White Cords - Texas State Teachers Association - Aspiring Educators, where I was a member and served as PR and President. This gave me the opportunity to find passion in my career and discover the kind of leader I can be. 


Red, Black, and Light Blue Cords - College of Education, where I fostered my love of education, grew my skills as an educator, and met some of the best people in my life. 



White and Gold Cords - Catholic Student Association, where I grew in my faith substantially, became more independent in my Catholic faith, and discovered the value of the Body of Christ through my friends who quickly became family. 


Red Stole - Texas Tech University, which is the best university in the world!!!! 



The day after graduation, my parents and I put Lubbock in the rearview mirror and headed back home. Despite how hard it is to say goodbye to the place that has molded me and formed me for the last four years, I can only be thankful for the journey. 

God, thank you for letting me visit Texas Tech in 2013!! I can't believe I didn't want it at first, but after visiting this beautiful place, how could I have not fallen in love? I am so thankful. 

Thank you.

This concludes The Adventures of Life Blog! Thank you, everyone, for following me on this journey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Thirty-Four: What to Pack for College....Sarah Edition!

Chapter Three: Luke and the Half-Priced Frappe

Chapter One: When Will My Life Begin?